Boulder Town Planning Commission has a vacancy to fill. This is a great opportunity for Boulder residents* to learn about their town, get training in land use decision-making, and make a positive impact on Boulder’s future.
Job Description for Planning Commissioners:
- Attend the regular monthly meetings and participate in additional work meetings or training sessions as required.
- Work with other Planning Commissioners to arrive at fact-based, reasoned, and researched decisions on:
- Conditional Use Permit applications.
- Subdivision application recommendations to Town Council.
- Land use-related Ordinance, Zoning, or General Plan amendments
All commissioners need to send/receive email, file attachments, and be able to use the internet to connect to Zoom and to do research. Occasional out-of-town travel to training or conferences is offered, but optional
Curious? Contact PC Clerk Peg Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or 335-7481.
To apply, submit your name in writing to Mayor Steve Cox or Town Clerk Judi Davis, no later than Monday, October 4 and plan to attend the next Town Council meeting Thursday, Oct 7 to present your application to the Council.
A full Planning Commission term is for 5 years. This opening is to fill a resignation. That term started 12/31/20 and runs through 12/31/2025., at which time the appointee would be eligible for reappointment to another own full term.
Applicants are appointed by the mayor, with the advice and consent of town council.
* Planning Commissioners must be Boulder Town residents.