We’re all affected by Boulder’s housing situation. Everyone, throughout the greater Boulder Community of 84716, directly involved or not.
So please plan to attend Attainable Housing Presentations, Thursday, November 17 at the Boulder Elementary School to learn what has been going on in nearby communities and begin discussing options appropriate for Boulder.
6:00 to 6:55 pm – Open House:
- Warm up, peruse some materials, and talk informally with our speakers, members of the PC, and other guests. Refreshments provided.
7:00 pm Presentations:
- Sharlene Wilde, Executive Director for the statewide nonprofit organization Mountain Country Home Solutions-which has been working on new attainable housing developments in both Escalante and Tropic
- Dave Conine has worked five decades in community development and housing, including serving as USDA Rural Development Director for Utah during the Obama Administration, Housing Specialist for Rural Community Assistance Corporation (RCAC), and Community Development Director for North Bend, Washington. Dave specialized in housing, land use, and agricultural policy in the Utah Governor’s Office of Planning and Budget during the Matheson Administration.
- County Commissioner Jerry Taylor has led the way in Garfield county’s support of attainable housing within the county.
- Boulder Town Council will be represented by Jim Catmull. Elizabeth Julian will share comments from School Superintendent John Dodds (school board conflict prevents his attendance).
- Moving forward — developing and implementing options in the 84716 area.
Q and A: time allotted after each presentation and at the end of the evening.
(Please note: The video that included the slide presentation could not be uploaded to the website. You can hear the audio here; the presentation materials will be made available, pending permissions. )